Key features: Investment of up to £75m in collaborative R&D projects in the field of low carbon vehicles.
Programme: Collaborative research and development
Award: Up to £75m
Opens: 02 Dec 2013, 00:00
Registration closes: 29 Jan 2014, 12:00
Closes: 05 Feb 2014, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Advanced Propulsion Centre - Building UK manufacturing strength in low carbon vehicles
Background and challenge
- internal combustion engines
- lightweight powertrain structures
- electric machines and power electronics
- energy storage and energy management
- other propulsion systems.
- how the project will develop capability to bring products to market more quickly
- an ability to build and grow significant supply chain capability within the UK
- achievement of at least MRL 6 and TRL 8 along with a commercially viable roadmap towards production and volume manufacture
- a defined exit strategy allowing for commercialisation and market entry at a globally competitive price level
- how intellectual property will be handled and secured within the UK, for exploitation by and to the overall benefit of the UK
- how the project will be managed, including senior commitment from the consortium to deliver the project towards commercial success
- how it is embedding knowledge in people and growing expertise in the UK
- that the performance, durability, integrity and safety of any proposed technology has been considered, including the application of appropriate standards and, where applicable, ISO 26262.
Looking for partners to work on your project?
Funding allocation and project details
- Competition opens: 2 December 2013
- Briefing event - Webinar: 4 December 2013
- Registration deadline: 29 January 2014 noon
- Application deadline: 5 February 2014 noon
- Presentation stage: Week commencing 24 March 2014
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org