Key features: The Agri-Tech Catalyst, run by the Innovate UK and the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, offers funding to innovative businesses and researchers to develop solutions to global agricultural challenges.
Opens: 08 Jan 2015, 00:00
Registration closes: 17 Jun 2015, 12:00
Closes: 24 Jun 2015, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Agri-Tech Catalyst - Early-stage awards - round 4
- a rising population
- rapid development of emerging economies
- shortages of land, water and energy.
Changes for Round 3 onwards
How will it work?
- primary crop and livestock production, including aquaculture
- non-food uses of crops including ornamentals
- food security and nutrition challenges in international development
- challenges in downstream food processing, provided the solution lies in primary production.
Who can take part?
Pre-industrial research feasibility studies
- development projects that encompass validation of disease targets (but not discovery of novel targets involving fundamental research), identification of agchem candidates, characterisation and optimisation, initial manufacturing process development and formulation, demonstration of safety and efficacy, plant and animal breeding trait assessment and marker identification, and material testing for engineering solutions
- diagnostic devices or other analytical technology projects that may include exploration of user requirements, initial design and engineering, systems integration and prototyping, laboratory-based evaluation and characterisation.
Key features of early-stage feasibility study awards
- duration – up to 18 months
- typical project size – £150k to £500k
- applications can be research base or business-led
- funding for businesses – up to 55% of total eligible project costs for SMEs, up to 45% for larger companies
- total research base partner costs must not exceed 50% of total project costs.
How to apply
The competition process
- Stage 4 opens: 8th January 2015
- Competition briefing: 28 January 2015
- Registration deadline: 17 June 2015
- Submission deadline: 24 June 2015
Previous competition results
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Early-stage awards - round 3
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Industrial research awards - round 3
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Late-stage awards - round 3
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Early-stage awards - round 2
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Industrial research awards - round 2
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Late-stage awards - round 2
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Early-stage awards - round 1
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Industrial research awards - round 1
- Agri-Tech Catalyst - Late-stage awards - round 1