Key features: The Agri-Tech Catalyst, run by the Technology Strategy Board and the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, offers funding to innovative businesses and researchers to develop solutions to global agricultural challenges.
Award: Varies depending on grant type
Opens: 10 Oct 2013, 00:00
Registration closes: 04 Dec 2013, 12:00
Closes: 11 Dec 2013, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Agri-Tech Catalyst - Industrial research awards
The results of this competition are now available; see the PDF of the winning project proposals.
- primary crop and livestock production, including aquaculture
- non-food uses of arable crops (for example, for biomass)
- food security and nutrition challenges in international development
- challenges in downstream food processing, provided the solution lies in primary production.
Industrial research awards
- development of work undertaken in early-stage feasibility studies
- all aspects of plant agronomy and animal (including aquaculture) husbandry
- related engineering, IT, electronics and other non-biological solutions.
Key features of industrial research awards
- duration – typically three to five years
- project size – up to £3m*
- applications must be business-led
- funding for businesses – up to 60% of total eligible project costs for SMEs, up to 50% for larger companies
- total academic partner costs must not exceed 50% of total project costs.
How to apply
The competition process
- Competition opens: 10 October 2013
- Briefing event: 22 October 2013
- Registration deadline: 4 December 2013
- Competition application deadline: 11 December 2013
- Industrial research awards deadline for second-stage applications: 26 February 2014