Key features: Up to £5k funding for start-up, micro, small and medium-sized enterprises to work with an external expert to gain the knowledge to innovate and grow. This voucher is only for cyber security advice including advice leading to certification under the Cyber Essentials Scheme.
Programme: Innovation Vouchers
Award: Up to £5k funding for SMEs
Opens: 27 Jul 2015, 08:00
Registration closes: No deadline
Closes: 20 Oct 2015, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Cyber Security Innovation Vouchers - Round 13
- Cyber Essentials – an external assessor reviews your responses to a questionnaire
- Cyber Essentials PLUS - an external assessor carries out tests of your IT security systems
- universities and further education colleges
- research and technology organisations
- technical consultancies
- Catapult centres
- design advisers
- intellectual property advisers
You can get more advice on choosing a cyber knowledge expert by downloading our guide.
Find out if you are eligible
The eligibility for the Cyber Security Innovation Voucher is the same as the general Innovation Voucher scheme.
- be starting up or running a micro, small or medium-sized UK business
- have not worked with this expert before
- need help with something that's a real challenge for your business, not just a small improvement or change
- have not had an Innovation Voucher from Innovate UK or the Technology Strategy Board before
You cannot apply for both a cyber security and a general Innovation Voucher.
Unsure if your business is an SME? You can check the European definition of an SME here.
You cannot use an Innovation Voucher to fund:
- staff training
- off-the-shelf software
- marketing or branding items
- standard business advice
- Competition guidance
- General Innovation Voucher scheme flyer
- More information on Innovation Vouchers
- Advice on choosing a cyber knowledge supplier
Innovate UK will award Innovation Vouchers once every 3 months from October 2015. We enter eligible applications into a draw and choose winners at random.
You must apply online and register with our online network _Connect.
You will need to answer a few short questions about your idea. You will also need to tell us the impact it could have on your business and the kind of supplier that you want to work with. We will also ask you about the size of your business and details of any public support you have received in the last three years.
You should expect to take around 30 minutes to complete your application.
Innovate UK will pay up to £5,000. The successful applicant is responsible for paying any VAT incurred.
An Innovation Voucher is issued to an individual business and is non-transferable