Key features: Investment of up to £6m in collaborative R&D that supports the digitisation of the construction sector supply chain.
Programme: Collaborative research and development
Award: Up to £6m
Opens: 17 Mar 2014, 00:00
Registration closes: 23 Apr 2014, 12:00
Closes: 30 Apr 2014, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Digitising the construction sector
- user-friendly interfaces for clients to engage with the supply chain, for example, through the use of new types of BIM-linked visualisation tools
- tools that industrialise the capture and processing of 3D data exchange and processing of rich and complex data to enable collaboration between stakeholders. This may include systems that filter and manage data and provide the appropriate level of information for each stakeholder throughout the life cycle of the asset
- solutions that allow product manufacturers to contribute their specifications for products and components earlier in the design process
- remote multi-user working with digital models, for example, on-site access and input to the model or updates on design or progress direct from the factory
- transfer of construction-phase data to the operational phase in a consistent and structured way, such as the format established in COBie UK 2012 (www.bimtaskgroup.org/cobie-uk-2012/)
- integrating models from multiple construction projects into master planning tools
- capturing and integrating feedback from the delivery and operational phases to support continuous improvement
- BIM and broader digital approaches offering one-stop shop solutions. Services might include secure cloud storage capacity, licensed software modules and integrated project insurance, and new payment methods between stakeholders
- other innovative market-driven digital solutions.
Looking for partners to work on your project?
Funding allocation and project details
- Stage 1 - Applicants submit an expression of interest which is assessed.
- Stage 2 - We invite selected applicants to submit an application.
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition launch and brokering event: 20 February 2014
- Competition opens: 17 March 2014
- Competition briefing: 18 March 2014
- Registration deadline: Noon, 23 April 2014
- Deadline for expressions of interest: Noon, 30 April 2014
- Stage 2 opens for invited applicants: 19 May 2014
- Deadline for invited applications: Noon, 3 July 2014
Projects expected to start: October 2014