Key features: Investment of up to £5m in projects that stimulate innovation in the UK location-based services sector.
Programme: Collaborative research and development
Award: Up to £5m
Opens: 28 Apr 2014, 00:00
Registration closes: 11 Jun 2014, 12:00
Closes: 18 Jun 2014, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Innovation in location-based services
- services that optimise relationships between resources, technology, communities, businesses and events in the local environment
- applications that manage multiple data sets and integrate them in interesting and original ways to produce accurate information for unique or niche services
- applications that exploit indoor positioning systems, such as Wi-Fi, RFID and iBeacon, together with satellite navigation systems to track users, locations or resources
- applications that create a sustainable service by using content from existing open data platforms such as Open Street Map
- services that generate useful crowd-sourced content which refines and improves the service and is of value to third parties
- applications that seamlessly use mobile augmented reality (MAR), not as a novelty but to enhance the service and improve user experience.
Looking for partners to work on your project?
Funding and project details
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition opens: 28 April 2014
- Competition briefing and webinar: 6 May 2014
- Registration deadline: 11 June 2014
- Deadline for applications: 18 June 2014, noon
Applicants notified of results: 25 July 2014, noon