Key features: A new national competition to identify and develop innovative solutions that maximise the effectiveness of resources and enhance the service provided to the communities of Southern Wales.
Opens: 19 Jan 2015, 00:00
Registration closes: 06 Mar 2015, 12:00
Closes: 16 Mar 2015, 12:00
Support phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Generation Predictive Policing
The ‘Next Generation Predictive Policing Project' is a new national competition that will be launched by South Wales Police and Gwent Police on Monday 19th January 2015 to identify and develop innovative solutions that maximise the effectiveness of resources and enhance the service provided to the communities of Southern Wales.
This competition is jointly funded by the Police Forces, Welsh Government and Innovate UK and has been run by South Wales Police as part of the Fusion Programme, which aims to change policing through the innovative and dynamic use of technology.
The competition will seek to develop innovative solutions that utilise predictive analytic tools, methods and processes to integrate, interpret, visualise and forecast using existing and future police and partner data sets in order to assist in delivering the following outcomes:
- Improved prevention, detection and disruption of criminal activity and disorder.
- More efficient use of staff and resources to ensure we have the right people in the right place, at the right time.
- Improved planning and forecasting to ensure best value is obtained from our staff and resources.
- Provide greater information and intelligence to front line officers enabling them to provide an improved and more efficient service to the public of Southern Wales.
- An improvement in public confidence and customer satisfaction for the local communities we police.
Organisations will be invited to compete for a share of a total £250,000 fund for the further development and commercialisation of innovative technologies, processes and business models.
The competition opens on Monday 19th January, with a briefing event for interested parties being run on Wednesday 4th February at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.
- Competition Opens: Monday 19th January 2015
- Deadline for Registration: midday on Friday 6th March 2015
- Briefing event to be held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Wednesday 4th February 2015
- Deadline for receipt of applications: Noon on Monday 16th March 2015
- Interviews for Shortlisted applicants: Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd April 2015
- Applicants informed: Tuesday 6th April 2015
- Feedback to applicants available from Tuesday 6th April 2015
- Completion of Vetting: Approximately Friday 15th May 2015
- Contracts Awarded: Approximately Friday 15th May 2015
- Phase 1 Projects Commence: Two weeks after contract awarded.
- Phase 1 Projects Completed: No later than 16 weeks after project commenced.