Key features: Investment of up to £2.75m in collaborative feasibility studies to stimulate innovation across four technology areas that will enable and underpin UK growth: advanced materials; biosciences; electronics, sensors and photonics; and information and communications technology (ICT).
Programme: Feasibility studies
Award: Up to £2.75m
Opens: 06 May 2014, 00:00
Registration closes: 18 Jun 2014, 12:00
Closes: 25 Jun 2014, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Technology-inspired innovation - May 2014 - Biosciences
See here for competition results.
- contain a significant level of technical risk, in that there is some level of uncertainty about how the proposed technical approach will work in practice
- involve companies carrying out most (if not all) of the research in-house. Projects should build a technical evidence base to enable progression to larger-scale projects.
- commercial application of sequencing technologies focusing on genomics
- integration and exploitation of phenotyping technologies
- integration of 'omics technologies, such as integrating metabolomic, proteomic, genomic and phenomic data collection and interpretation capabilities
- biological imaging systems, biosensors, probes/ markers, diagnostic platforms.
- metabolic engineering
- novel manufacturing processes for biological products and novel biological production systems
- formulation and delivery approaches for biological products, including biopharmaceuticals and functional foods.
approaches to organising, filtering and interpreting biological data, including biological system modelling, data visualisation and user-centred design.
Looking for partners to work on your project?
Funding allocation and project details
- Competition opens: 6 May 2014
- Briefing event: 12 May 2014
- Registration deadline: 18 June 2014, noon
Deadline for receipt of applications: 25 June 2014, noon
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org