Key features: Investment of up to £2.75m in collaborative feasibility studies to stimulate innovation across four technology areas that will enable and underpin UK growth: advanced materials; biosciences; electronics, sensors and photonics; and information and communications technology (ICT).
Programme: Feasibility studies
Award: Up to £2.75m
Opens: 06 May 2014, 00:00
Registration closes: 18 Jun 2014, 12:00
Closes: 25 Jun 2014, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Technology-inspired innovation - May 2014 - Electronics, sensors and photonics
See here for competition results.
- contain a significant level of technical risk, in that there is some level of uncertainty about how the proposed technical approach will work in practice
involve companies carrying out most (if not all) of the research in-house. Projects should build a technical evidence base to enable progression to larger-scale projects.
Electronics, sensors and photonics
- devices and systems focused on industrial processing, solid-state lighting, biophotonics, communications or photovoltaics; addressing advances in functionality, performance, size or cost reduction.
- systems with intelligence and optimised control, including wireless sensing, networks of sensors and imaging.
- materials, devices, equipment, production processes, architectures, test and measurement, systems or modeling tools.
- system design and integration – embedded systems, robotics and autonomous systems, and verification and testing of computing system designs.
devices and systems for efficiently converting and controlling electricity consumption in electronic systems.
Looking for partners to work on your project?
Funding allocation and project details
- Competition opens: 6 May 2014
- Briefing event: 12 May 2014
- Registration deadline: 18 June 2014, noon
Deadline for receipt of applications: 25 June 2014, noon
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: email@example.com