Key features: Investment of up to £3m in collaborative R&D projects to stimulate the development of systems that can reduce emissions and improve efficiency of marine vessels.
Programme: Collaborative research and development
Award: Up to £5m
Opens: 06 Jan 2014, 00:00
Registration closes: 26 Feb 2014, 12:00
Closes: 05 Mar 2014, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Vessel Efficiency II - better systems at sea
- the human/machine interface, including decision support tools, on-vessel data management and marine ICT
- voyage optimisation for specific objectives, such as voyage speed or minimum fuel consumption
- satellite applications
- autonomous systems and sensors
- vessel condition management
- modelling and simulation tools to provide accurate predictive methods for vessel performance and operation.
- emissions reduction systems and management
- innovative energy production, management and storage
- reduction of onboard power demand
- fuel consumption monitoring and optimisation
- minimal-loss propulsion systems.
- the successful exploitation of new ideas to drive economic growth
- increased collaboration within the UK industry
- encouragement of cross-sector knowledge transfer
- a focus on innovation for industry growth
- increased UK business access to national and international markets
- the successful overcoming of challenges in vessel emission reduction and improved fuel efficiency.
Funding allocation and project details
Looking for partners to work on your project?
- Competition Helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: email@example.com
- Competition opens: 6 January 2014
- Competition briefing: 14 January 2014
- Registration deadline: 26 February 2014 noon
- Expressions of interest (EOI) deadline: 5 March 2014 noon
- Stage 2 opens for invited applicants: 24 March 2014
Deadline for invited applications: 7 May 2014 noon