Key features: Innovate UK is offering six businesses up to £35,000 each to encourage innovation in wearable technology across the themes of sport and wellbeing, entertainment, hospitality, health and safety, accessibility and design.
Programme: IC tomorrow
Award: Up to £35,000 for each business
Opens: 12 Jan 2015, 13:23
Registration closes: No deadline
Closes: 10 Mar 2015, 12:00
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
See here for the competition results.
Apply now to:
- trial your technology with major industry players while keeping your intellectual property
- secure up to £35,000 to develop your solution
- receive promotion, support and advice to speed up the commercialisation of your solution.
Sensor technology and tracking performance
Wearables for kids
Guest-centred experience through wearables
Reacting to the local environment
Unlocking accessibility through wearables
Plug-and-play for textile wearables
Who can apply?
- be a company based in the UK or EU
- propose a solution which responds to one of the challenges
- propose a solution that is creatively, technically or commercially innovative
- propose a solution that has wider market potential beyond the challenge partnership
- have a clear idea of the revenue-earning potential and target market of your proposed solution.
Responding to the challenge
How does the contest work?
- go to bit.ly/wearablescontest to learn more about the contest and to get the application form
- download and read the Guidance for Applicants as it includes full challenge descriptions and the information you will need to complete your application
- attend a briefing event (28 or 29 January 2015) to find out about the challenges directly from the challenge partners
- complete the online application form. You can save a partially completed application, update, finalise and submit the form at your convenience
- as part of your application, upload a two-minute video. Note that we judge the video on the strength of your idea – not the production quality
What sort of video are we looking for?
What is IC tomorrow?
Help for SMEs to grow faster
Small businesses that combine the funding they receive from us with additional business support are more likely to grow faster. If you are an SME and receive funding through this competition, you will automatically gain access to a growth workshop, an online diagnostic and a growth expert to help you develop a growth plan. This may include coaching, mentoring and entrepreneurial skills training.